Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Introduction

I wanted to know how to use my computer to try to improve my chess.  I searched the Internet and got millions of hits but nothing that provided a step by step guide so I decided to write one.  This blog will build up into a comprehensive guide on how to turn your PC into a customised chess training machine.
There is a mass of information out there about chess training.  I have diluted it into these few recommendations.

  1. Play regularly against opponents just slightly better than you
  2. Analyse all your games
  3. Study the games of the masters
  4. Study the openings
  5. Study the endgame
  6. Objectively measure your progress

In the old days all you had to help you was a chess book and your chess board.  Today you have a Grandmaster standard coach in your living room and he doesn't cost a penny.  All you need is a computer connected to the Internet and you are on your way to chess mastery!

No comments:

Post a Comment